Programme Description PG22978
Make your business idea a reality with West Offaly Training Business Development programme. We are here to guide and support you in setting out on the exciting prospect of starting and owning your own business. Offaly Local Development Company has been delivering this business development programme to people in Offaly and beyond for over 20 years.
We support learners to explore their skills and business ideas, and we offer additional supports that enable you to reach your full potential and prepare for self employment.
We do this by:
- Continually reviewing and updating our programme to use the latest teaching and learning technologies Using a blended educational model of online, live collaboration, offline activities; classroom learning, assignments, one to one support and mentoring using modern technologies and teaching methods to encourage effective learning and engagement. Learners have full access to presentations, recordings and course work that you can access at a time that suits you.
- Making participants aware of, and teaching the use of, the latest and most relevant business tools, especially to the new and small business owner. Currently we place a high emphasis on the value of Cloud Computing due to its accessibility, and small capital and overhead for the new business owner.
Our programme of education is built on the foundation of Offaly Local Development Companies principles and strategies which are inclusion, innovation, community, enterprise support and development.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for those who are unemployed, have a business idea and are unsure where to start. Those interested in participating must have a business idea and be in receipt of a social welfare payment (standard CE qualifying period does NOT apply but you must meet specific criteria set out by DEASP)
This programme is a special C.E Scheme. Application for participation on this programme must be submitted through a ‘Case Officer’ in the Department of Social Protection and standard CE rates will apply (standard CE qualifying period does NOT apply but you must meet specific criteria set out by DEASP ) Vacancies will be advertised on DEASP, Offaly Local Development, JobsIreland websites and social media.
Training Each learner will complete accredited and non accredited business specific training modules.
QQI Level 5 Accredited training: 60 Credits
- Marketing Practice 5N1400Minor Award !5
- Business Administration 5N1610 Minor Award 15
- Start your Own Business 5N1418 Minor Award 15
- Microsoft Word 5N1358 Minor Award 15
What support do you offer to learners?
We support learners so that they can fully achieve their business potential. This programme is designed to be inclusive. To us that means that it is out job to help participants overcome any obstacle to starting and running their own business.
Times and Dates TBC
How will the course be delivered?
We provide classroom based training.
Is the course certified?
Yes, We include 3 QQI level 5 certified modules and numerous industry standard training on our programme.
For Protection of Enrolled Learners Policy Please Click on the Link Below (PEL)
WOT PEL – Protection for Learners